Suitcases – Check.
Oh, and don’t forget the dog!
Taking your pet on holiday can be a great idea, but when it actually comes to it, it can be a bigger struggle than first thought. Have a read to find out tips and tricks on how to make the most out of taking your furry friends on holiday.
- Make sure your dog is comfortable with a change of routine and travelling – if not, it may be a better idea to leave them with a responsible person that you trust. A good alternative is DogBuddy, where you can find a number of reliable, local dog sitters to look after your pooch whilst you are away.
- Ensure that your pet’s vaccinations are up to date – if you are unsure, check with your vet that your pet is fit and safe to travel.
- Your pet’s microchip will be extremely important on holiday – if they get lost, you can be reunited with them as soon as possible if your details are up to date. A quick and easy way to do this is by updating your contact details on the PetScanner app for free.
- Ensure that the holiday destination has all the facilities your pet requires.
- Don’t forget to pack your pet’s water bowl and give them fresh water at regular intervals throughout the day – they get tired out too!
- Pack your pet’s favorite toy – a sense of home will make them feel more comfortable whilst away in an unfamiliar place!
- has beenmicrochipped
- has apet passport or third-country official veterinary certificate
- has beenvaccinated against rabies
- Has had a blood test if you’re travelling from an ‘unlisted country’